HISTORY

 

St. Anthony’s Hospital was opened by the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany (New York) on November 1, 1931 after renovating a small existing medical facility. The mission was to provide for the community the most modern medical science available with an emphasis on care that is truly humane. Over the years, in partnership with its medical staff, St. Anthony’s pioneered many innovative services. Today, the hospital is respected for its expertise in cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, vascular services, neurology, and behavioral health.