St. Anthony’s Hospital Auxiliary, founded in 1949, is a volunteer run organization with a mission to provide financial support through fundraising and service to St. Anthony’s Hospital. Through fundraisers and volunteering in the gift shop, the Auxiliary provides important funding for the hospital.
Sara Galiger, President of the Auxiliary, informed us that this year they are donating $127,243.57 to fund multiple items:
- 1 ERBE insufflator – medical device that delivers CO2 via a gastrointestinal endoscope to reduce patient discomfort and post procedure recovery time
- 1 GYN Stretcher – allows ultrasound technologists to perform procedures/exams, as well as adjust patients to make them more comfortable
- 1 Sterile Drier – ideal for drying equipment prior to wrapping for low temperature sterilization
- 3 Dash Monitors – used for patient monitoring in the Ambulatory Care Unit and Endoscopy
- 1 Nursing Simulation – new educational equipment will improve team members knowledge, skill, competency, and proficiency
- Medication Assistance – grant funds will be allocated towards a Meds-to-Beds Publix pharmacy account to assist those who can’t afford medications (upon review by the hospital’s Care Coordination Department)
The St. Anthony’s Hospital Auxiliary is an amazing partner to the Foundation, and we are thankful for their generous donation. The new equipment and programs will help us continue improving the health of our community.